There is no doubt that Australia had the lion share of luck, but most of it was through India's errors than major umpiring errors or lucky shots or such things. If India could catch and use the DRS they would have been a lot closer, but it was not to be.
- Steve Smith was dropped four times, and an LBW given not out when India had no reviews, but his resilience through this and the spinning tops sent down by Ashwin and Jadeja was incredible. If anyone deserved some fortune it was the Australian captain, and his innings helped pave the way for the unassailable lead that was attained. And, given all of the rubbish the Australian team seems to receive when they appear arrogant on the cricket field, it was interesting to see that NOT ONE Indian cricketer applauded his century or acknowledged it in any way. All your own doing, corkheads.
- India's openers did a Watson and burned both of their reviews early, and ludicrously. It's no wonder they don't want to use it, because they have no idea how to use it.
- Steven O'Keefe. The Test match that dreams are made of. It is justification of Cricket Australia taking him away from white ball cricket to play Grade and 2nd XI red ball cricket, and of O'Keefe himself seeking out left arm spinners with Indian experience. Everything has worked for him, and no matter what anyone thought of his selection, he has proven himself worthy, and that his first class record is no fluke. It is wonderful to see hard work bring rewards, in the same way that is did for Renshaw with the bat.
- How wonderful was it to see Kohli bowled not offering a shot, and then stand there as if he was W.G.Grace, expecting to be allowed to stay at the crease because, after all, he is Virat Kohli. Get off the ground corkhead.
- Was Shane Warne in charge of deciding the Man of the Match? How do you get 12 wickets and not be player of the match? Honestly. I hope Mitch Starc at least bought SOK a beer.
But my goodness, Test match cricket is never so sweet than when you kick the arse of an opponent who thought all they had to do was doctor the pitch and turn up and they would win.
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!