If you want to show others what’s on your laptop screen, taking a screenshot is a simple and convenient way to share it. To take a screenshot on a Windows laptop, follow the steps below.
If you want to take a picture and save it
If you want to capture everything that appears on the screen and want to save it for sending or uploading, just:
1. Press the Windows key and the PrtScn (print screen) button.
2. A save box will appear. Just type the file name of the image you want to save to. Then press “Save”.
If you want to shoot a screen without saving it
If you want to quickly take an image of everything on the screen, but you just want to paste it (probably a Word document), then just:
1. Press the PrtScn button only. It has now been copied and you can use the paste option to place it wherever you want.
If you want to take a screenshot of a window
If you don’t want to display an image of all the content on the screen, but only want to locate a window, then just:
1. Click on the window where you want to capture the screenshot.
2. Press Alt + PrnScn. Now just copy the image of the window to the clipboard and you can place it anywhere you like.